A guide to help a consortium lead and consortium members make the managerial, financial, and administrative functions of the consortium effective, efficient, and supportive of project goals, community needs, and donor intent.
This resource relates to the following project management standards and key actions. Click on the links below for guidance to carry out these key actions, and for links to any related policies and other resources.
- Standard 1: Effective planning for quality project design.
- Key Action 4: Plan a participatory process: Working backward from the submission deadline, develop a realistic timeline for designing a quality project and writing a responsive proposal.
- Key Action 2: Make partnering decisions based on partner capacity and performance, what each can contribute, the proposal guidelines, and the operational and competitive environment.
- Standard 2: Evidence-based, participatory design for project success.
- Key Action 2: Include partners in key decision-making including on technical design, project activities schedule, partner scopes of work, and project management structures.
- Standard 6: Early transition and start-up planning (including pre-award).
- Standard 7: Realistic and participatory detailed implementation planning for program impact.
- Key Action 2: Organize a start-up workshop to orient the project team, partner staff, and key stakeholders to the project design and compliance requirements.
- Standard 11: Evidence based, action-oriented project management.
- Key Action 4: Organize cross-disciplinary, evidence-based project review and planning meetings, in line with CRS MEAL policies and procedures.
- Standard 16: Accountable and timely project close-out.